LOCAL JOURNALISM INITIATIVE AGREEMENT
This agreement made in duplicate this 3rd day of December 2019
BETWEEN: THE NATIONAL ETHNIC PRESS AND MEDIA COUNCIL OF CANADA (NEPMCC)(hereinafter referred to as the “Council”) And _ Publisher of _ publication (hereinafter referred to as the Publication)
And WHEREAS the Publication AND the Association acknowledges that the publisher and editors of the publication shall respect and follow the principals of this agreement.
1. The publication hereby will engage one unemployed journalist on a part time employment basis for the period of until March 31, 2020. The wages of this person will be paid directly to the publication, who will pay on time the weekly wages to their journalist.
2. The Council shall pay the amount of $ 15.00 dollars per hour for the total amount of _ for the said period commencing the 1st day of the Month of _ and ending the 31st day of March 2020, payable to the publication after receipt of an invoice.
3. The services to be provided to the publication by the journalist are set out in the original application and attached hereto.
4. As noted in paragraph 2 above this contract is for a defined period ending on the 31/03/2020 and no further notice shall be provided. There shall be no severance pay due at the expiration of this contract.
5. The party of the second part agrees that it is an independent contractor and this agreement in no way constitutes a partnership or joint venture with the Council.
6. The publication involved in the program must submit to the office of the NEPMCC at least three to five articles published in every issue pertaining federal, provincial and municipal developments and also articles of the life and developments of small remote linguistic communities. Copies of theses articles must be forwarded also to NEPMCC at ( email@example.com), or (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be placed in our web sites. The publisher or Editor-In-Chief, also confirms that the journalist will be visiting the local remote communities they serve and prepare articles about the life and work of the members of the community. The NEPMCC will pay the expenses for these trips and also will supply the necessary prepaid boxes for mailing the copies of the publication via Canada Post. Necessary equipment for the work of the journalist will be supplied by the Council upon request. Every publication associated with the program must contain at least 50 % of its editorial Canadian Content, in order to qualify for the program.
7. The publisher of the publication has to inform the Council of the number of remote communities will be serving as well their address.
8. Failure to provide the services in a fully satisfactory manner and as are referred clearly in the application, or any other misconduct may result in termination of this contract without notice and the publication must return the amount of unused money received for the project.
9. It is therefore that I hereby myself, my heirs, executors and administrators do hereby remise, release and forever discharge the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada, their agents, principals, successors and assigns, or any other person, firm, or government or corporate bodies, participating in or connected with the Local Journalism Initiative Project of and from all manner of action, causes of action, claims or demands against the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada, or I ever had, now have, or can, shall or may hereafter have, for or by reason of any loss, damage or inquiry sustained by me, or from any medical therapy treatment advised of performed, or in respect of the loss of any equipment received and used by the publication or his agents.
10. This agreement constitutes and expresses the whole agreement between the involved Parties.
Signed this _ day of December 2019, at Toronto, Ontario at the offices of the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada.
For the National Ethnic Press and Media Council